A Fatal Illusion (A Lady Darby Mystery #11) (Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the A Lady Darby Mystery series.
- #1: The Anatomist's Wife (A Lady Darby Mystery #1) (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Mortal Arts (A Lady Darby Mystery #2) (Paperback): $16.00
- #3: A Grave Matter (A Lady Darby Mystery #3) (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: A Study in Death (A Lady Darby Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: As Death Draws Near (A Lady Darby Mystery #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: A Brush with Shadows (A Lady Darby Mystery #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: An Artless Demise (A Lady Darby Mystery #7) (Paperback): $16.00
- #8: A Stroke of Malice (A Lady Darby Mystery #8) (Paperback): $17.00
- #9: A Wicked Conceit (A Lady Darby Mystery #9) (Paperback): $17.00
- #10: A Perilous Perspective (A Lady Darby Mystery #10) (Paperback): $17.00
New parents Lady Kiera Darby and Sebastian Gage look forward to introducing Sebastian’s father to his granddaughter, but instead find themselves investigating an attempt on his life...
Yorkshire, England. August 1832. Relations between Sebastian Gage and his father have never been easy, especially since the discovery that Lord Gage has been concealing the existence of an illegitimate son. But when Lord Gage is nearly fatally attacked on a journey to Scotland, Sebastian and Kiera race to his side. Given the tumult over the recent passage of the Reform Bill and the Anatomy Act, in which Lord Gage played a part, Sebastian wonders if the attack could be politically motivated.
But something suspicious is afoot in the sleepy village where Lord Gage is being cared for. The townspeople treat Sebastian and Kiera with hostility when it becomes clear they intend to investigate, and rumors of mysterious disappearances and highway robberies plague the area. Lord Gage’s survival is far from assured, and Sebastian and Kiera must scramble to make the pieces fit before a second attempt at murder is more successful than the first.
About the Author
Anna Lee Huber is the Daphne Award–winning author of the national bestselling Lady Darby Mysteries and the Verity Kent Mysteries. She is a summa cum laude graduate of Lipscomb University in Nashville, Tennessee, where she majored in music and minored in psychology. She currently resides in Indiana with her family and is hard at work on her next novel.
"Riveting...An original premise, an enigmatic heroine, and a compelling Highland setting."--Deanna Raybourn, New York Times bestselling author
"[A] history mystery in fine Victorian style!"--Julia Spencer-Fleming, New York Times bestselling author
"[A] fascinating heroine...A thoroughly enjoyable read!"--Victoria Thompson, USA Today bestselling author
“Anyone who enjoys historical mysteries, atmospheric settings, and strong female investigators should have Huber on their automatic buy list.”—Criminal Element
"Huber provides plenty of depth and detail about social conditions and mores in 19th-century Edinburgh, but the human relationships are the heart of the story. Historical fans will be well satisfied." --Publishers Weekly
"A missing heir, an estranged family, and a possible poisoner add up to a pretty puzzle for two far-from-disinterested sleuths....Huber draws on the beauties and dangers of the mysterious moorlands to provide a fitting setting for a knotty mystery filled with envy, greed, and thwarted love."--Kirkus Reviews