Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the The Treehouse Books series.
- #1: The 13-Story Treehouse: Monkey Mayhem! (The Treehouse Books #1) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #2: The 26-Story Treehouse: Pirate Problems! (The Treehouse Books #2) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #3: The 39-Story Treehouse: Mean Machines & Mad Professors! (The Treehouse Books #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #4: The 52-Story Treehouse: Vegetable Villains! (The Treehouse Books #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #5: The 65-Story Treehouse: Time Travel Trouble! (The Treehouse Books #5) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #6: The 78-Story Treehouse: Moo-vie Madness! (The Treehouse Books #6) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #7: The 91-Story Treehouse: Babysitting Blunders! (The Treehouse Books #7) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #8: The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore! (The Treehouse Books #8) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #9: The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes! (The Treehouse Books #9) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #10: The 130-Story Treehouse: Laser Eyes and Annoying Flies (The Treehouse Books #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #12: The 156-Story Treehouse: Holiday Havoc! (The Treehouse Books #12) (Hardcover): $14.99
New York Times-bestselling team Andy Griffiths and Terry Denton invite readers to come hang out with them in their 143-Story Treehouse—the eleventh book in the illustrated chapter book series filled with Andy and Terry's signature slapstick humor!
Andy and Terry live in a 143-story treehouse. (It used to be a 130-story treehouse, but they built another 13 stories.) It has a baked bean geyser that erupts on the hour every hour, a wrecking ball, a fish milkshake shack, a word-o-matic (it knows every word in the whole world!), a toffee apple orchard guarded by a kind-hearted scarecrow, and a camping ground.
Andy's been a bit stressed out lately, so Terry decides the perfect way to relax would be to head up to their new camping ground level for a much-needed vacation. But it turns out to be not quite as relaxing as planned. Terry forgets to pack the tent and the food, their attempt at fishing ends in disaster, the spooky campfire stories are a little too spooky and then, to make matters worse, all of Andy’s fellow campers start mysteriously disappearing. Can Andy brave the dark, dark woods and rescue them in time to finish writing their next book?
A Publishers Weekly Bestseller
Read the whole series!
The 13-Story Treehouse
The 26-Story Treehouse
The 39-Story Treehouse
The 52-Story Treehouse
The 65-Story Treehouse
The 78-Story Treehouse
The 91-Story Treehouse
The 104-Story Treehouse
The 117-Story Treehouse
The 130-Story Treehouse
The 143-Story Treehouse
About the Author
Andy Griffiths is the New York Times bestselling author of The Day My Butt Went Psycho!, Zombie Butts from Uranus!, and Butt Wars! The Final Conflict, as well as the Treehouse Series and Killer Koalas from Outer Space. In 2007, he became the first Australian author to win six children’s choice awards in one year for Just Shocking! He is passionate about inspiring a love of books in his young readers, and works as an ambassador for the Indigenous Literacy Project, which provides books and literacy resources to remote indigenous communities around Australia. Andy is a big fan of Dr. Seuss and of cauliflower. He lives in Melbourne, Australia, and is Australia’s most popular children’s writer.
Terry Denton is known for his humorous illustration style and has worked with Andy Griffiths on the Treehouse series and the JUST! books among others. He lives by the sea in Australia with his wife, three kids, and a pop-up toaster that only toasts on one side.
Andy Griffiths and the Treehouse series:
"The Treehouse books are a perfect balance of minimal text, maximum black-and-white drawings packed with jokes, and unbelievable amounts of nonstop action, gags and exuberant, anarchic storytelling. These books seem ideally designed to make a new reader feel—and be—successful." —The New York Times
"Anarchic absurdity at its best . . . Denton's manic cartooning captures every twist and turn in hilarious detail." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Will appeal to fans of Jeff Kinney and Dav Pilkey . . . The wonderfully random slapstick humor is tailor-made for reluctant readers . . . A treat for all." —Booklist on The 13-Story Treehouse
"Twice the treehouse, twice the fun? You bet . . . Denton's furiously scrawled line drawings milk the silly, gross-out gags for everything they're worth. Kids should be flipping pages faster than a pair of inflatable underpants can skyrocket the young heroes to safety." —Publishers Weekly, starred review, on The 26-Story Treehouse
"This zany sequel, as much cartoon illustration as text, is an almost nonstop adventure." —Booklist on The 26-Story Treehouse