Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Poppleton series.
- #1: Poppleton: An Acorn Book (Poppleton #1) (Paperback): $4.99
- #2: Poppleton and Friends: An Acorn Book (Poppleton #2) (Paperback): $4.99
- #3: Poppleton Every Day: An Acorn Book (Poppleton #3) (Paperback): $4.99
- #5: Poppleton at Christmas: An Acorn Book (Poppleton #5) (Paperback): $4.99
- #7: Poppleton Has Fun (Paperback): $3.99
There's so much fun in the sun with Poppleton, the posh and persnickety pig created by Newbery Medalist Cynthia Rylant and acclaimed illustrator Mark Teague!
Pick a book. Grow a Reader!
This series is part of Scholastic's early reader line, Acorn, aimed at children who are learning to read. With easy-to-read text, a short-story format, plenty of humor, and full-color artwork on every page, these books will boost reading confidence and fluency. Acorn books plant a love of reading and help readers grow!
Poppleton loves summer! He relaxes on his rooftop. He drives to the country for an adventure with his friend Hudson. And he especially enjoys a summer rain shower!
This brand-new story collection perfect for beginning readers includes a how-to-draw activity in the back of the book!
About the Author
Cynthia Rylant has written more than 100 books, including Dog Heaven, Cat Heaven, and the Newbery Medal-winning novel Missing May. She lives with her pets in Oregon.
Mark Teague is the internationally bestselling illustrator (and author) of more than 50 books for children. His numerous awards and honors include the Book Sense Book of the Year Award and the Christopher Medal. He has illustrated 12 full-size books and 11 board books in the widely successful How Do Dinosaurs...? series. He is the author of the popular Dear Mrs. LaRue, Firehouse!, and Jack and the Beanstalk and the French Fries. He lives in New York State.
Praise for the Poppleton series:
* "Roundly appealing." -- Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "This sincere... pig will make beginning readers giggle." -- School Library Journal, starred review
"A perfect choice for beginning readers." -- Booklist