Not on hand, usually available within 1-5 Days
A gorgeous nonfiction book for kids from bestselling artist and author Lisa Congdon!
The Illustrated Encyclopedia of the Elements leads young readers in an exploration of all 118 known elements.
From their discoveries to their uses to their special properties, this vibrant book explores all things elements.
• A visually stunning tour of the periodic table
• Complete with profiles of notable scientists, amazing infographics, and more
• Features an illustrated history of the periodic table's origins
This artful survey of the elements combines science, history, trivia, humor, and endless fascination for science enthusiasts of every age.
Middle grade readers will delight in this interesting take on the periodic table of elements.
• Great for science lovers and Lisa Congdon fans alike
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays and holidays for the science-loving kid
• Perfect for children ages 10 and up
• Equal parts educational and entertaining, this makes a great pick for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and STEM educators.
• Add it to the shelf with books like The Elements Book: A Visual Encyclopedia of the Periodic Table by DK, The Periodic Table by Sean Callery and Miranda Smith, and Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe by Theodore Gray.
About the Author
Lisa Congdon is an artist and illustrator known for her colorful paintings, drawings, hand lettering, and pattern designs. Her other books include Find Your Artistic Voice, Whatever You Are, Be a Good One, and Art, Inc. Lisa lives in Portland, Oregon.
"This handsome volume introduces young readers to all 118 currently known elements. But it's a lot more entertaining than it sounds: Congdon, the daughter of a physicist, a former teacher, and now a professional artist, has poured her energies into kid-friendly commentary and engaging illustrations. . . . Upbeat and energetic, this is a great introduction to chemistry and beyond."-Booklist