Not on hand, usually available within 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Bright Ideas for Learning series.
- #1: Mudworks: Creative Clay, Dough, and Modeling Experiences (Bright Ideas for Learning #1) (Paperback): $18.95
- #2: Good Earth Art: Environmental Art for Kids (Bright Ideas for Learning #2) (Paperback): $18.95
- #3: Scribble Art: Independent Creative Art Experiences for Children (Bright Ideas for Learning #3) (Paperback): $18.95
- #5: Storybook Art: Hands-On Art for Children in the Styles of 100 Great Picture Book Illustrators (Bright Ideas for Learning #5) (Paperback): $18.95
- #6: Making Make-Believe: Hands-on Projects for Play and Pretend (Bright Ideas for Learning #6) (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: MathArts: Exploring Math Through Art for 3 to 6 Year Olds (Bright Ideas for Learning #7) (Paperback): $18.99
- #9: Action ART: HANDS-ON ACTIVE ART ADVENTURES (Bright Ideas for Learning (TM)) (Paperback): $21.95
- #10: Discovering Great Artists: Hands-On Art Experiences in the Styles of Great Masters (Bright Ideas for Learning #10) (Paperback): $19.99
Get ready to explore the world of science through art with these open-ended experiments! Science Arts introduces the scientific thrills of crystals, light, constellations, plants, and more through creative art projects. Each of the more than 100 hands-on projects is designed to help children discover essential science topics through a creative process unique to each individual. Concepts investigated include light and sight, motion and energy, and nature and ecology. Science Arts provides both teachers and parents with a diverse range of activities for making science creative, fun, and fascinating. The possibilities are wide open and endless!
In Science Arts, children will:
- Learn about diffusion by creating a Wet Paint Design and Color Bottles
- Create their own optical illusions with Face Illusions and Spinning Designs
- Discover the force of gravity through a Paint Pendulum and Moon Scape
- Experiment with solubility and emulsion with Erupting Colors
- And much more!
About the Author
MaryAnn F. Kohl has published numerous books of process art activities for children. She is the author of MathArts, Discovering Great Artists, Great American Artists for Kids, Scribble Art, Mudworks, and many others. MaryAnn is a well-known speaker internationally on process art. She lives in Ferndale, Washington, with her pup, Frances.
Jean Potter is the author of CookingArt, Science in Seconds for Kids, and Science in Seconds at the Beach, among others. She has been a kindergarten teacher, state director of early childhood education for West Virginia, acting assistant secretary of education for the US Department of Education, and deputy chief of staff for the US Environmental Protection Agency. Jean currently works for the US House of Representatives. Jean resides in Charleston, West Virginia, and Seabrook Island, South Carolina, with her husband and their triplets.